The BC Métis Federation is very pleased to host Métis Days this weekend as part of the Canada Day long weekend. The event will feature Métis art, dance performances by the Silver Tip Swingers and Buttertown Jiggers as well as story telling by well know writer and author Mr. David Doyle who will speak about the life and times of Louis Riel.
The schedule each day is as follows:
- 11:00 – 11:15 am: Opening Prayer – Smudging Ceremony
- 11:15 am – 5:00 pm: Artisans Showcase (Métis and First Nations)
- 11:30 am – 11:45 am: Legend of the Sasquatch Puppet Show
- 12:00 – 12:30 pm: Dance Performance Silver Tip Swingers/Buttertown Jiggers
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm: Storytelling Mr. David Doyle
- 1:00 – 1:30 pm: Meet and Greet with Train Performers
- 1:30 – 2:00 pm: Smudging Ceremony
- 2:00 – 2:30 pm: Legend of the Sasquatch Puppet Show
- 2:30 – 3:00 pm: Dance Performance Group Silver Tip Swingers/Buttertown Jiggers
- 3:00 – 3:30 pm: Storytelling Mr. David Doyle
There is a lot of fun and education for the entire family with face painting for the kids and much more. We welcome all of our Métis family and friends to attend and celebrate our proud Métis culture with the world. It promises to be a very busy weekend.
The BC Métis Federation is proud to bring this cultural celebration to the world stage and entrance is by donation. There is a cost to ride the Spirit Catcher Train and remember parking is not free in Stanley Park.