Richard Krentz

BC Metis Federation Extends Condolences to Family and Friends of Richard Krentz

BC Metis Federation leadership are passing our most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Richard Krentz. Richard passed away suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday at his residence in North Vancouver.

Richard was a well known First Nation artist who was skilled in many talents and provided technical support and guidance for the BC Metis Federation. This included the launching of the only online Metis talk show in Canada “Metis Coffee Talk” in 2011 and other initiatives since the organization began in June of 2011.

Richard will be deeply missed by many of us in the BC Metis Federation and we will ensure representation at his funeral which will be held soon. Funeral details will be posted once arrangements have been made.

Richard Krentz Website
Richard Krentz Youtube

13 Responses to BC Metis Federation Extends Condolences to Family and Friends of Richard Krentz

1. Dianne Washburn March 7, 2014 at 9:07 am #

Thank you for all you’ve done, R.I.P.

2. Diane March 7, 2014 at 9:29 am #

Richard had so much to offer and will be missed. Wish it was me rather than him. He will be remembered for his kindness as well as his talent.

3. Sharon Eyford March 7, 2014 at 2:08 pm #

Our condolences to Richard’s family and many friends. Our Prayers go out to everyone.

Richard was a very pleasant man who loved doing for others. His magic with the camera was
    a sight to see.

He will be missed.

Sharon and Norman

4. Ken Fisher in Surrey March 7, 2014 at 9:58 pm #

What a shock! This guy was the most like able fellow I ever met. Richard was always happy and friendly and also wanted to be helpful. His passing will be hard to understand. How this happened is distressing and beyond belief.

I and many others will be mourning this sad event for a long time. Even if he was not a relative he seemed like a brother the way he treated anyone who he knew.

May the Lord have mercy on his soul. We have lost a true friend. He was a warrior. KJF

5. Shirley March 8, 2014 at 12:24 pm #

My sincere condolences to Richard’s family and may Richard rest in peace.

6. George and Terry Goulet March 8, 2014 at 6:25 pm #

Richard was a kind and gentle man with a sense of humour who always greeted us warmly when we were guests on Metis Coffee Talk or at BCMF meetings. He also had an abundance of talents of which many people were not aware.

A couple of examples from the Sunshine Coast where we live are a colorful canoe he carved, which hangs outside the Sechelt Indian Band offices, and a carving in the longhouse off Monkey Tree Lane in Sechelt.

Richard filmed a BCMF directors meeting several years ago. When the meeting broke for lunch and only Richard and ourselves were still in the meeting room, he mischievously sat at the table opposite us and said words to the effect ” I have some important business to discuss” and then added “Blah, blah, blah, blah”. We laughed out loud, and Richard as usual had a big smile on his face.

Rest in peace old friend. We will miss you.

7. Metis Bev March 9, 2014 at 8:51 am #

My deepest condolences to the family.Richard thank you for sharing your gift with so many people.We are only visitors here on earth and what you have left us is beyond words.I am GRATEFUL to have met you during your short journey on earth and we will honour and Respect you for generation to come.You shall be missed Richard.Godbless

8. Tim St. Denis March 9, 2014 at 2:53 pm #

Richard was a man of many talents. He was a carver of metals and wood, a film producer, he was in the logging industry and I believe he was a fisherman at one time. I found him interesting to talk with around Aboriginal matters. He had his opinions on how things should change and I was keen to listen as many of his ideas were well thought out in my opinion. My condolences to his family.

9. Keith Henry March 9, 2014 at 3:26 pm #

Metis friends,

This is a major loss for me personally. Richard was a tremendous friend and mentor. He meant the world to me and did more for the BC Metis Federation than many could ever realize.

I will miss one of my true friends in this life time.

Rest in peace Richard. I will miss you deeply.

BC Metis Federation

10. s.daniels March 10, 2014 at 10:39 am #

This man had unbelievable talent, visions that he produced, will live on for generations to come, my heart is so heavy with lost of such a bigger than life person,
    I`m so thankful that I had the privilege to meet and work with this man, he was such a funny person to be around, he always had a something to say that could lift your spirits,
    Reset in Peace Richard, I will never forget the kind person that you were

11. David Doyle March 10, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

My heart goes out to all. The good work Richard accomplished in this life lives on as his legacy.

12. Kim Kondra March 11, 2014 at 1:42 pm #

The art work that Richard created is a gift that most of us will not be able to offer. Contributing beauty to the world we live in puts us all in a better place. Thank you for making this a better place, Richard.

13. Cindy March 18, 2014 at 9:44 pm #

I can’t believe he is gone. A wonderfully positive man with a lifetime of wisdom and insight everytime we met. When I wear his artwork, I will forever be proud and remember my friend.