BCMF Board & Staff are Deeply Saddened by the Passing of Joyce Fisher

BC Métis Federation Board and Staff are deeply saddened by the passing of Joyce Fisher ( Ken Fisher ), on August 15, 2017.

She will be greatly missed by all. Joyce was well known for her endless volunteer work with all cultural events through the years, and also all the hours spent working on Genealogy with BC Métis Federation and Nova.

Ken Fisher and BC Métis Federation will have a Celebration of Life for Joyce at a later date. Rest In Peace Joyce, you will always be in our hearts.

7 Responses to BCMF Board & Staff are Deeply Saddened by the Passing of Joyce Fisher

1. Earlene August 16, 2017 at 1:47 pm #

I met Joyce many times and always was a graceful women dedicated to the Metis people. Ken I hope your ok, sad day for the Metis Nation losing such a regal woman. Our condolences from Neil and Earlene

2. Keith Henry August 17, 2017 at 7:39 am #

Words cannot express how sad I am to lose this special person from our community.

Joyce was a force for the Nova Metis Heritage Association together with her husband President Ken Fisher.

I became their great friend years ago and Joyce had the heart of a saint. She donated more time and energy to our Metis people than everyone may realize.

Joyce you were my friend, I will miss you deeply and seeing you before you left us allowed me to say good bye.

I was away this week and saw things I cannot explain, then I heard you left us.

Life is an amazing gift we have, lets try not to take our time on this earth for granted.

Good bye my friend.

3. Betty Fisher August 17, 2017 at 9:36 am #

Joyce was an absolutely wonderful, caring and loving person.

She always greeted people with a big beautiful smile and a hug. Joyce worked tirelessly and gave so much to the community. I will miss my dear lady.

Our condolences to Ken and family, we will keep you all in our prayers.

4. Kelly Sears August 20, 2017 at 2:53 pm #

She was an amazing person. Always warm and welcoming and ready to help. She will be missed.

5. Donna August 29, 2017 at 9:15 am #

Larz and I send our deepest regrets on the passing of Joyce. Without her help I may not have ever found my Metis roots. Thank you Joyce, and God’s speed. With much respect.

6. Jeanie Cardinal August 30, 2017 at 3:38 pm #

My thoughts and prayers for Ken for the loss of his life partner and friend.
    I have seen many things in life and the greatest of these is love that takes you through a life we could not have mastered as well had we not had authentic love by our side on the journey.
    Love and the greatest of respect to you Ken and family.
    Thank you Joyce for a life lived with the best gift given, loving footprints upon the hearts of many.
    In kindness,
    Jeanie Cardinal

7. Jennifer Daigneault September 6, 2017 at 2:55 pm #

My thought are with you Ken.,Joyce was a very special lady and my friend.
    Jennifer Daigneault