Celebration of Life Ken Fisher January 20th, 2018

Attention members, partners, friends and supporters. BC Métis Federation has organized a Celebration of Life for Ken Fisher which will be held January 20th, 2018 at the Shannon Hall in Surrey, BC from 1:00 PM to 5 PM.

Please make your plans to attend.

To donate to the BC Métis Federation to support costs for this event you can either donate during the event or send your money to the BC Métis Federation office.

Music, food, and the event costs are all being arranged by the BC Métis Federation.

11 Responses to Celebration of Life Ken Fisher January 20th, 2018

1. Sharon Eyford December 20, 2017 at 11:30 am #

Thanks BCMF, yes we will be there for sure. Our donation for the night will be there also.

I am still having a hard time thinking of Joyce and now Ken passing. They will stay in our hearts

for a very long time.

Metis Elder

2. Sheree December 20, 2017 at 1:54 pm #

Deepest Sympathies to all friends and family
    Love from the Lamirande family

3. Derrick Whiteskycloud December 20, 2017 at 2:49 pm #

For those who don’t know where the Shannon Hall is..its at the Cloverdale Fairgrounds.

4. Raoul A.Carriere December 20, 2017 at 3:11 pm #

Yes I hope I will be there if I can get a ride if not I will be going by Bus ;; I’m really missing Both since their office was closed I was over their a few times with my Son his daughter and her children where they wore registered that was mention by Joyce on Ken radio show because of my 4 generations;;Sincerely Raoul Sr.Carriere

• Rhonda Carriere January 15, 2018 at 1:03 pm #

Hello Raoul. It’s Rhonda Carriere. What is your address? I can give you a ride on Saturday. Email me at rhondacarriere@icloud.com

5. Alexander Stark December 21, 2017 at 10:01 pm #

I am currently a 4th year university student and I don’t have a consistent income. I would like to contribute but I would prefer to volunteer if possible. Please let me know how I can help. Thank you,

• Keith Henry December 22, 2017 at 10:05 pm #

Thanks Alexander,

We will need help setting up the hall in the am and after the event is over.

If you can be on site at 10:30 am it is greatly appreciated. However please connect with Sherry from our office when we reopen 8th to set up – 604-638-7220.

This is a great way to help support the family on the 20th.

6. Metis Lady December 22, 2017 at 12:47 pm #

Rest in Peace Ken and Joyce. Ken you were a stickler in meetings and demanded accountability that’s what any true Metis would do. Your years of fighting for our rights and getting the Metis on the map has not gone unnoticed. Those that challenged your vivacious spirit were obviously hiding some truth. We will miss you at the meetings, and can’t believe individuals worked so hard to move you out of the picture when all you were doing was ensuring our voices were heard, and questioned accountability within our Nation.

Metis Lady

7. Neil Rubeniuk December 23, 2017 at 10:52 am #

Dear Uncle Ken
    We talked about our lives a week before you passed.
    I felt your sadness for Joyce. I understood your dedication to the Metis Nation.
    You knew I was coming out to spend some time with you.
    I regret not getting out to see you sooner but like many I didn’t know anything about
    any health issues. Now i grieve for you and will keep you in my prayers.
    God Bless and Keep You

your nephew Neil
    elder of the Metis Nation of Alberta

8. angie carrier January 10, 2018 at 3:44 pm #

rest in peace ken@joyce

i am going to miss your smile and joyce and having lunch with you

when i walk in the rest your smile gets brighter i am going too miss hearing your voice on the radio and the chats we had. now you are with god and your wife rest in peace hon

your friend angie carrier

9. Michael St. Cyr January 16, 2018 at 11:27 am #

Ken was a good man and leader in the Metis community. He inspired me to do what I could to assist other Metis entrepreneurs and youth. I will always remember his passion, advocacy, determination and genuine good nature.

May your enduring spirit and wisdom serve to inform the words and deeds of future generations and leaders.

See you on the other side my friend.

Rest in Peace.