We want to hear from you!
BC Metis Federation is doing a Call For Short Story Submissions. We are in search of 100 short stories entries from community. Submissions can come from British Columbia and across Canada.
Stories submissions cannot be previously published in print, self-published or blog republished. We ask for first rights on any story submitted and approved to be used. This means that the story should not have appeared anywhere else, either in print or online.
Criteria for Short Stories:
- Short Story age target audience:
- Kindergarten to Grade (ages 5-6) ,
- Grade 2-3 (age 6-7),
- Grade 4-6 (age 8-11)
- Short Story Length: Minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages
- Submission Timelines: November to December 2020
Suggested Story Content (but not limited to):
- Metis Culture
- Critical thinking/Reasoning Skills
- On the land events
- Learning and Expressing Emotions/feelings
- Weather Elements/Activities
- Goal Setting
- Being Responsible
- Laughter as Medicine/Humor
- Self-Control/Social Emotional
- Fiddle Playing
- Paying attention
- Parent/Grandparent/Sibling Relationships
- Decision Making
- Problem solving
- Life Skills: tying shoes, learning colors and numbers, buttons, zippers, movement, dance, etc.
- Clothing, manners
- Interpersonal skills and behaviors
It’s fine to send us more than one story at a time. In fact, we prefer to see two. Please send them through the form submissions process one at a time, and not together in one document.
How to submit your story?
In subject line of email identity: Short Story Submission: Your Name
Send Via email to R.Therrien@BCMetis.com
CLICK HERE for FULL SUBMISSION DETAILS, and PERMISSION TO USE STORY RELEASE FORM