We urge members and our Métis families to be safe and stay healthy during this COVID-19 pandemic. Please remember to respect social distancing and remain at home to limit the impacts and spread of COVID-19, especially to the vulnerable Métis Elders and individuals with respiratory issues across our Métis communities and beyond.
BC Métis Federation has postponed upcoming community meetings and events and we continue to review the impacts of public policies. Watch for future updates about COVID-19 policy changes.
Links to COVID-19 Resources
Province of British Columbia
Government of Canada
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Canada outlines measures to support the economy and the financial sector
- COVID-19 Resources for Canadian Businesses
- Government introduces Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) to help workers and businesses
Canada Revenue Agency
Business Development Bank of Canada
- Support for entrepreneurs impacted by the coronavirus COVID-19
- Business continuity plan and templates for entrepreneurs
Employment and Social Development Canada
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Benefits and services
- Work-Sharing Program
- Employment Insurance (EI)
Canadian Chamber of Commerce
Canadian Federation of Independent Business
World Health Organisation
COVID-19 Impact Survey
Our COVID-19 Impact Survey is now closed. Thank you to everyone who completed the survey. The information provided helps us better understand the impact that COVID-19 is having on Métis people and communities in BC. This allows us to better advocate for collective support during the pandemic.