Please be advised that funding is limited and that not all applicants will be approved for a scholarship.
The British Columbia Métis Federation is honoured to support Métis students in pursuing educational opportunities at the post-secondary level. Greg Mazur Student Scholarship Program provides financial awards to Métis students with full BCMF membership that are enrolled in post-secondary education. Scholarships of between $750-$1,500 are awarded to students who meet all eligibility requirements.
To be eligible to be considered for a scholarship, applicants must be:
- Full BCMF members
- Permanent residents of British Columbia
- Registered at a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution in Canada
Applications must be submitted using the online form below. As part of the application, the following documentation must be uploaded:
- Proof of registration/enrolment – provided by the post-secondary institution you plan to attend
- Cost of tuition, books, and fees – provided by the post-secondary institution you plan to attend
- Personal letter – self-written letter on your family background, ancestry, education and employment history, and career and personal goals
Applicants can only submit one application for each academic year. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications are now open for students applying for the 2023/2024 academic year. Please note that:
- Decisions are made on a first come first served basis
- Funding is limited, not all applicants will be awarded a scholarship
For more information on Greg Mazur Student Scholarship Program, please contact: