(Vancouver, BC) The BC Métis Federation continues the commitment to reviving Métis culture and pride throughout British Columbia. The organization has grown through the commitment and dedication of several grassroots volunteers who continue to work and support efforts to promote Métis culture and awareness.
The BC Métis Federation is preparing for another strong summer of cultural programming through a number of events including:
1. May 17th – 20th Cloverdale Rodeo – Surrey, BC
2. May 25th and 26th – Eurofest – Burnaby, BC
3. May 31st – June 2nd – Armstrong, BC
4. June 21st – September 3rd Klahowya Village in Stanley Park – Vancouver, BC
5. July 20th and 21st – Fusion Festival – Surrey, BC
6. August 9th – 11th – Métis Cultural Festival – Williams Lake, BC
BC Métis Federation President Henry stated, “Thank you to BC Métis Federation cultural ambassador Beverly Lambert who works with our board and members to celebrate Métis culture. These events bring pride for all Métis people throughout the province.” President Henry concluded, “These events will bring more public awareness about Métis culture and encourage our families to walk with pride. It is important all Métis people and our friends attend and learn more about the Métis people in BC.”
For more information about the upcoming events please go to the BC Métis Federation website www.bcmetis.com.
BC Métis Federation
Vancouver, BC V5R 5W2
Office 1-604-638-7220 Cell 1-778-388-5013
[ilink url=”/wp-content/uploads/BCMF-Press-Release-April-23rd-2013.pdf” style=”download”]Download this in PDF[/ilink]