This workshop is now fully registered. Watch for information on other upcoming workshops to be released in the coming weeks.
Join Alexa Lizotte for a “painted beadwork” (dot art) workshop that focuses on community building, the practice of patience, and the historical journey and teachings of Métis beadwork. Alexa Lizotte is a mixed, urban, Métis artist with Métis ancestry in North Vermilion Settlement, Alberta and Euro-settler ancestry who practices beadwork and sewing and educates on Métis history.
- Learn the history and practice of Métis dot art
- Workshop takes place on July 20, 2023 @ 6:30 pm
- In-person event is located at the BC Metis Federation main office located at: 390 – 3665 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5R 5W2
- Online event participation available via Zoom
- Free for BCMF members. If you are not a BCMF member and would like to participate, contact Ally Quinney by email at A.Quinney@BCMetis.com
Register using the online form at the bottom of this page, or using the fillable PDF registration form.
This workshop requires acrylic paints and a canvas. If you have your own supplies from a previous workshop or project, we encourage you to use those. If you require supplies and are attending in person we will have them for you at the workshop. If you require supplies and will be attending remotely, you can pick supplies up at a dollar store or we can mail the supplies to you in advance of the workshop. Let us know when you complete the registration form.
Please note that you must register by July 9 if you need supplies mailed to you.
If you want more information on the Métis Dot Art Workshop, contact Ally Quinney, BC Métis Federation Cultural Impact Coordinator by email at A.Quinney@BCMetis.com.