BC Métis Federation is currently in its third and final year of it’s ‘Co-Developing Community Response’ project with the Canadian Coast Guard. The project’s main objective is to build strong communication and knowledge on marine issues between the Canadian Coast Guard, BC Métis Federation and its members.
BC Métis Federation is currently seeking out members along the British Columbia coastline to participate in a seven (7) month long marine focus group. Those chosen will be participating in monthly communications with the Canadian Coast Guard project coordinator with BC Métis Federation, Angel Fisher as well as a minimum of four (4) virtual group sessions. Members will be taking three (3) courses with the Justice Institute of British Columbia on Incident Command System training.
*Compensation for member’s time will be provided.
Individuals must meet the following criteria;
- Hold a valid BC Métis Federation membership card.
- Reside on Vancouver Island or in the Lower Mainland.
- Be available for 35-45 hours of online course training throughout the duration of the group.
- Be available for a minimum of four (4) virtual group meetings.
- Be available for monthly communications.
- Have a good understanding of computer related skills.
- Have a strong interest in environmental marine related issues.
To register, please complete the form here. Please note, space is limited.
For any inquiries or concerns please contact project coordinator Angel Fisher via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To report a spill please call 1-800-889-8852