Spark Métis training is coming to Vancouver!
Following on the success of previous intakes in Prince George and Fort St. John, Spark Métis training is coming to Vancouver in January 2024. While the training portion of the program is taking place in Vancouver, the work experience portion of the program can take place in your home community or anywhere in BC that you choose to work.
- Training Dates: January 15 – February 16 (5 weeks classroom)
- Work Experience Dates: February 19 – March 29 (6 weeks work placement)
(Not restricted to Vancouver! Work experience can happen in your home community or another location.)
A skill building and employment support program for Métis aged 19-30
Participants will earn while they learn, receiving training and certifications, as well as mentorship and job placement.
- Improve soft skills & general life skills
- Build self confidence
- Learn about current employment market
- Practical on-the job experience
- Gain short-term certificate training
- Learn about eligible tuition
- Learn about Métis culture and experience from Métis elders
- Receive supported transition into workplace experience
Earn While You Learn!
- BC minimum wage of $16.75/hour for the training weeks (30 hours per week) plus a $250 completion bonus
- Minimum wage or higher for the 6-week work placement plus a $500 completion bonus
- Additional financial assistance may be available for participants with child care or other expenses that would otherwise prevent them from participating
Who Can Apply
To be eligible for Spark Métis, you must meet the following criteria:
- Identify as Métis
- Are 19-30 years old
- Have been out of school or any training programs for a minimum of 6 months
- Have been out of work for 6 months or longer
- Ready to commit to 5 weeks of paid training and 6 weeks of paid workplace experience
If you meet those criteria, apply today!
Contact for More Information
If you have questions or need more information, reach out to Info@SparkMetis.ca or call 778-576-1230.