The application process is now CLOSED. Thank you to all who submitted applications.
About BC Métis Federation Development Corporation:
- Start Up Company
- Métis-owned and operated
- Work under the direction of a board of directors to support Métis businesses and joint venture opportunities throughout British Columbia
- Set up to support Métis communities, members, and Métis owned businesses
Job Title: Executive Director (VANCOUVER)
The Executive Director will be hired to run the BCMF Development Corporation and be responsible for identifying Opportunities, ensuring due diligence is conducted on opportunities, provide business recommendations to the BCMF Development Corporation Board of Directors, ensure compliance with regulations and provide timely reporting to the board.
The Responsibilities of the Executive Director will include:
- Increase management`s effectiveness by working closely with BCMF political arm to follow up and negotiate business opportunities for BCMF Development Corporation and Métis businesses; recruiting administrative assistance, communicating values, strategies, and objectives BCMF and BCMF Development Corporation to industry and industry partners; developing strategic alliances with industry Aboriginal liaison representatives and prime contractors engaged by industry; and apprising business opportunities for BCMF Development Corporation and Métis businesses.
- Developing a yearly strategic business plan demonstrating the planned growth of BCMF Development Corporation.
- Develop policies, procedures, and protocols for negotiations with industry and potential JV companies.
- Market BCMF Development Corporation as the prime point of contact for industry to partner with Métis businesses.
- Build BCMF Development Corporation image by collaborating with industry, government, Métis community organizations and others demonstrating BCMF Development Corporation’s facilitation role and ethical business practices.
- Maintain quality service to Métis businesses and industry partners by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state of the art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Work closely with BCMF Development Corporation Board of Directors and taps into their experience in business and network of people.
- Answer phone calls in a quick, clear and courteous manner
- Valid BC Drivers License
Salary is negotiable. Please email a cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com. Subject: “Executive Director Position”
Closing Date: April 28th, 2015
[ilink url=”http://bcmetis.com/wp-content/uploads/BC-Metis-Federation-ED-Job-Posting1.pdf” style=”download”]Click here to download this Employment Opportunity in PDF format. [/ilink]